Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
We reserve the right to replace defective products with similar products where an identical product is not available.
The warranty will not apply where: the defect has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accident; the product has been repaired, altered or modified by someone other than us; the product has been subject to abnormal conditions; or the defect has arisen due to your failure to properly use and maintain the product in accordance with our recommendations and instructions.
The repair or replacement of the product is the absolute limit of our liability under this express warranty. The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by the Australian State and Federal Legislation that cannot be excluded.
The warranty for all residential machines is limited to three months if the machine is used in commercial application, purchased under a business name or with a business credit card.
The warranty for faulty goods is measured in years from delivery of the goods. The number of years may vary depending on the kind of product; check your manual and/or product box for the warranty length.
What is covered by the warranty?
Our warranty covers manufacture defects of a part or a part failure caused by an error in the assembly of the machine.
It covers the replacement of the failed component, but not the associated components.
E.g. if a pressure washer cylinder head housing is replaced, it covers the cylinder head housing and the seal between it and the control head, but not the control head and/or connections.
What is not covered by the warranty?
- Replacement of parts caused by wear and tear;
- Damage caused by mineral deposits or debris in the water supply;
- Damage to hoses where the hose has been kinked, cut or squashed;
- Damage to o-rings or valves caused by non-Karcher chemicals or cleaning agents;
- Burnt out electric motors caused by low voltage;
- Replacement of parts caused by misuse/negligence/alteration/accidents or lack of regular maintenance as specified in the operators manual;
- Repairs carried out other than by a Karcher warranty agent. On site service for domestic machines;
- Consequential costs resulting from loss of use or time, and hire costs;
- Petrol or diesel motors – these are warranted by the respective manufacturer of the motor;